2. By using the MnM website you consent to MnM using your personal information which has already been collected and continually collected. MnM is committed to managing the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by its members. Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. This personal information could include, but is not limited to, a member’s name, home street address, home phone number, cell phone number, email address, national park pass serial number. We collect only the personal information that is necessary for the proper running of the club. Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number, and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
3. MnM keeps track of user visits using standard web server traffic logs for internal purposes.
4. MnM will make every effort to ensure that a member’s information is accurate, complete and up-to-date; however, MnM relies on members either keeping their information accurate on the website themselves or informing the appropriate coordinator at MnM of changes to personal information that is incorrect or out-of-date. Therefore, the information on the website is only as accurate as members keep it accurate.
5. Personal information is used to communicate with members and to run our club. Information about our members will not be given away, sold or rented to anyone. MnM will keep personal information only as long as necessary but may retain personal information for historical purposes. Members will have access to their personal information to check it for accuracy and they will be able to make changes to the information to make it accurate if it is found to be incorrect, all in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSA 2000, c F-25 of Alberta.
6. It is important to note, while MnM will take appropriate measures to safeguard personal information, no transmission over the internet can fully guarantee safety or security. Therefore, MnM cannot fully assure the security of any personal information transferred over the internet to the club, and any such transmission is at a member’s own risk. Please be sure to take the necessary steps to protect against unauthorized use of your password and computer.
7. In the event any internet links to third party websites are used on the website to direct members to useful information, MnM cannot be responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties.
8. The contents of MnM’s website are protected by Canadian and other copyright laws. Do not copy, distribute, modify, post, or frame any text, graphics, software code or user interface
design or logos without proper consent. Unauthorized use, downloading, re-transmission, storage in any medium, copying, redistribution, reproduction, or republication for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
Any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.